Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29- 94 days!

Jes here, to bring the update... I found a gorgeous dress that makes me feel so beautiful that I actually forget those fat-girl memories that never seem completely gone in any other outfit. Mom, Aimee, and Penny went with me and our quartet of tears and exclamations of joy made it easy for me to charge a dress a mere 300 dollars over Kyle's suggested budget. We chose the reception site, ceremony cite, and rehearsal dinner site before we left for Ohio. I've traveled back a handful of times to do things like: food tasting, officiant, bridesmaid dresses, flowers..... (and go dancing with my "bridal bitch"/ day of coordinator) FOOD TASTING: accompanied by Hannah, who also tasted and chose the cake bakers, we enjoyed the buffet of choices provided by my caterer and narrowed down the menu choices. OFFICIANT: I asked my dear friend Toni to get ordained and be the officiant for our ceremony, she cried and called me "damn kid" which means yes. BM DRESSES: I called it that on purpose because this experience was kinda poopy. Apparently, multiple shops aren't kind to you if you've bought the big white one from somewhere else. Customer service was weak, but Eddy helped Aimee and Hannah find something they were confident in that she can work magic on, and Miss Noelle facebooked in her measurements all the way from Coasta Rica. FLOWERS: Opal and Sherri, met with me and looked over my designs and I have no doubt they will do a fantastic job bringing my concept to life. AND the biggest news is that the marvelous invitations - stationary from "The Envelope" assembly and calligraphy by yours truly, are finally done. Exhausiting. Worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment