Friday, June 18, 2010

The Vendor Search Begins

So I have spent the last week or so making a big list of photographers in the Peoria area. It's been an absolute blast, looking through all the websites trying to get a feel for what we want. I'm a budget number cruncher and photography is an expensive business. The worst part is, this makes me want to go buy my own digital SLR camera, which not exactly in the budget right now. I digress, as I usually do...

After a string of emails to my inbox I have finally started scheduling some meetings with photographers. The first one is today and I'm a bit nervous. Developments in my life make question what I can afford I can't seem to muster the courage to really find out from parents what they're expecting to contribute and what they want from the event(which I think is important). plus there's a 1,000 questions to ask the photographer and I'll write them down here in a bit, but what will I forget? Will she seem cool? Will we feel comfortable with her? Will she be out of my price range?? Ahhhh!!

www.shelby-studios.com is the site for Cindy who we are meeting today in Washington. If anyone is out there, check the site and let me know what you think of the pictures.

I can't wait for Jes to get home from college for kids today so we can talk and experience the excitement around going to see our first vendor. I know she's tired and working some really long days right now, I hope this wedding can be everything she wants it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment